Thread: Seaplane activity in central florida this weekend

SPA MEMBER

Seaplane activity in central florida this weekend

I am in Orlando for a long layover. I have some wheels and a lot of time this Saturday. i have always wanted to experience some of the seaplane activity of Florida that I read and hear so much about. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to check things out? I know Tavares is close by and also winter haven. I think sunset grill isn't to far also. Can you get there with only a car? I am anxious to experience the seaplane world and it should be a nice Saturday, so if anyone has a suggestion??

SPA MEMBER

Seaplane weekend

Come on over to the Cherry Pocket, Lake Wales or cherrypocket.com for map quest directions, we have a C172 & 180 that can fly you to some fun places, but you will be leaving from one of the most fun places with a good restaurant, bar, music, floatplanes, airboats & motorcycles. Let me know and I can take you on a guided flying tour of Florida if you like from Ochechobee to Jacksonville on straight floats or all over the state in a 182 amphib.

SPA MEMBER
    Hey thanks Bushbird! I didn't realize y'all and Cherry pocket were this close to Orlando. I have read much about you and seen the many advertisements. As much as i wish i could, i don't think I could fork out the bucks for a ride though. �� . Maybe we can work on a future BFR in one of them flying boats one day. But I am excited to come check y'all our for a hello and grab some lunch at Cherry Pocket. It should be a decent day for a drive out there tomorrow. Can we see the seaplanes from the restaurant? Are there a few that operate in and outta there through out the day? Thanks for the reply.

SPA MEMBER
    Cherry Pocket was a cool place. Food and hospitality was great! It was also a neat place to hang out for the afternoon. I never woulda thought that many people woulda been up in a place in the middle of nowhere. We looked around for Bushbird with no luck. But thanks for the suggestion. I had hoped to see a lil seaplane traffic, but Unfortunatly not. Must of not been the right day.

SPA MEMBER
    We had 3 customers flying in the a.m. and we shut down for 2 afternoon flights due to high winds. I was around somewhere. Will be out today again, should have been here last week, lots of flying hours going on.

The problem I had with Cherry Pockets is their attitude towards dogs. They would not allow my little 7 pound dog sit on my lap out on the patio. Of course they did not tell me this until we started in on our drinks. They lied and said it was against the law. It is not and a lot of restaurants cleaner than this does allow you to bring your dog in outside seating. Lake Aston is a good example. Bill R

SPA MEMBER
    Bill
    i have 2 hunting setter dogs at the Pocket and a kennel across the restaurant if you want to keep your dog while you eat. The Pocket is a bit busier than most restaurants, get yours as a service dog, nothing they can say then. Ashton is a nice place, just a different atmosphere and fancier for golfers.

Thanks, I appreciate that, but I do not trust or like those that do not like these little pets. Besides, I have a list of a lot of places in Central Florida to splash in and have lunch. I have not found one other that does not like dogs in the outside seating.

Bill R