Thread: Florida Ethanol Fuel Repeal Legislation

Florida Ethanol Fuel Repeal Legislation

Florida Residents: Please email and/or phone your state representative to support HB4001 and SB320 (Florida Renewal Fuel Standard Act) which would repeal Florida's ethanol mandate.

Right now ethanol free mogas is almost impossible to find, and when you do find it the octane is too low, forcing us to use the more expensive 100LL. The problem is two-fold, reduction of automobile mileage efficiency and the lack of mogas for light aircraft where approved.

Please do this now! It is easy and fast:

Find your representative/senator here: http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...sentative.aspx

HB4001/SB320 - http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/Sectio...x?BillId=49200

Suggested verbiage:

Sen./Rep. xxx, I write to you in STRONG SUPPORT OF HB4001 and SB320 (Florida Renewal Fuel Standard Act) which would repeal Florida's ethanol mandate. This important legislation would relieve Florida consumers of the existing oppressive ethanol mandate.

Thank you!
    Manufacturer's Representative Akoya Amphibious Skiplane

Although not a Florida Resident, I have access to a house in Florida and so I looked up the Senate and Congress People covered by that address and E-mailed them. Happy to help.

Bob
    Robert P. Kittine, Jr. - West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. - New York

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Although not a Florida Resident, I have access to a house in Florida and so I looked up the Senate and Congress People covered by that address and E-mailed them. Happy to help.

Bob
    Thank you Bob. Every vote counts.

Great news! HB4001 passed and it is effective on July 1, 2013. Thank y'all for your support. Here is the enrolled version of the bill.

HB4001

SPA MEMBER
    Is there any information on implemention of the non-ethanol fuel? I live at Haller Airpark, Green Cove Springs, and it would be nice for the Gate to carry non-ethanol high-test.

During this visit to Vermont I noticed they are selling hi-test ethanol free mo-gas. I will check on the price.
    Last edited by Billy; 06-22-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Is there any information on implemention of the non-ethanol fuel? I live at Haller Airpark, Green Cove Springs, and it would be nice for the Gate to carry non-ethanol high-test.

During this visit to Vermont I noticed they are selling hi-test ethanol free mo-gas. I will check on the price.
    Billy, implementation isn't widespread yet, and I don't know when that will change. You can search for stations with ethanol free mogas at www.pure-gas.org and/or download the "pure gas" app. All the stations around here that are ethanol free only have 89 octane (according to this app/site).

SPA MEMBER
    "Right now ethanol free mogas is almost impossible to find, and when you do find it the octane is too low, forcing us to use the more expensive 100LL. The problem is two-fold, reduction of automobile mileage efficiency and the lack of mogas for light aircraft where approved."

And besides, turning food stocks into fuel puts unnatural market pressure on prices making everything from vegetable oil to meat to tacos more expensive. Those living on the edge in the third world are especially "stressed".

Carl

Since my older aircraft were built to originally run on 80 Octane, I did not have any problem running Auto Gas without Ethenol that was 83 - 87 octane, though I prefer to run 100LL
    Robert P. Kittine, Jr. - West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. - New York