Thread: Autumn Colours

Autumn Colours

Hi Guys

Im from South Africa and am planning a trip to the States in early October this year.

I have an FAA SES and would really love to experience the Autumn Colours that North America is so famous for.

I'm thinking of spending about a fortnight in the New England area. Doing some lake hopping, fishing, photography and having a "Post Card" experience.

Could anyone help with advice on where to go and stay? Do you know of an aerie that is available for solo rental?

I would really appreciate any input that anyone might have

Many thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob.

The only one that I know of that offer's solo rental is Twitchell's in Turner, Maine. http://www.twitchells3b5.com/home.html Maybe someone else knows of other options.

From there, you are limitless as to where you can go. There are some lodges up that way as well. I've done mostly camping up there so don't have any first hand knowledge of them. Hopefully someone else will chime in for some input there.

Have a great trip. Sounds fantastic!

Laura

Thanks for the info thus far, I actually did my SES rating with Mike Twitchell back in the summer of 2005, and loved their 172, camping for a few days would also be very cool.

Thanks again and keep the info flowing
    Rob

There are still many lakes and rivers in the Adirondack Park area of New York as well as Vermont and New Hampshire, where seaplane operation is still legal and in some areas where fuel is still available on the lakes, like Long Lake New York. Other than Twitchell's I do not know of anyone that will rent a seaplane solo in the area. Plenty of places to get dual though if you want to see the sites, take pictures and brush up on your skills.

Drop me a note when you are getting ready to come up and over and maybe we can tie up and fly a little together. I used to run a division of TNT Worldwide and spent some time with my counterpart in South Africa from time to time.

Cheers - Bob
    Robert P. Kittine, Jr. - West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. - New York

Great thanks for the info, it would be really good to meet up and fly a bit together, please send me your details
    thanks
    Rob

Hi Again,

I sent you a Private Message, with my contact information.

Cheers - Bob
    Robert P. Kittine, Jr. - West Nyack Aviation, L.L.C. - New York