Thread: What's going on at HQ... A lot!

What's going on at HQ... A lot!

Hey everyone, just a quick update from SPA Headquarters. I have been rather quiet the past couple weeks on the forum, because I have been running, running and running some more. In a five week period I attended four seaplane events and moved my wife and a trailer full of personal belongings from California to Florida.

Additionally, we have been preparing for our member meeting on Wednesday November 16th which will be here at the SPA headquarters in Lakeland. We want to see as many of you as possible, but please RSVP to Ann Gaines at anng@seaplanes.org, because we are going to be preparing a barbecue lunch and serve refreshments. SPA members will also have a $99 rate from now on at the Hilton here on the airport, with the one exception of Sun n Fun. Camping will also be available under your wing if you wish to enjoy sparkling refreshments.

Also, those of you in the southeast should try to make our splash in at the Lakeside Inn on Lake Dora here in central Florida. The staff at the Lakeside Inn is planning a to host an complete weekend with dinners and breakfasts and events annually for our members and can up to 10 seaplanes on their white sandy beach. They are working on a web link as we speak, in the mean time email Bill Schmalz at jwschmalz3@bellsouth.net or call the Lakeside Inn at 800-556-5016 for more on the event. I will be speaking Saturday night, and hope to fly and speak with as many members as possible. A big thank and hats off to Bill and Jeff Wise for their efforts to organize this event!

SPA will be attending the US Sport Aviation Expo (January 19 -22, 2012) in full force with a 40 x 40 outside booth, and we are looking for a member or manufacture to display their amphibious LSA in our booth. So if anyone would like to display their seaplane in our booth please let me know at Steve@Seaplanes.org. This year there will be a seaplane base associated with the event which will be located at Lake Jackson, and we are trying to secure a bus for transportation to and from the airport to the base for pilots and spectators.

Thats enough for the moment, but we do have some exciting news regarding a seaplane rating scholarship program and our first educational institution member/partner to be released shortly.

It is Friday, so make plans to get out and fly this weekend!
    Last edited by Steve McCaughey; 10-14-2011 at 12:14 PM.