Thread: electric motor & actuator for old edo floats? [2700's] amfibs

SPA MEMBER

electric motor & actuator for old edo floats? [2700's] amfibs

Anybody know where to find electric motors,actuators or parts for edo 2700'S ?

SPA MEMBER

Electric motors for 2700 amphibs

I've been told that these motors are no longer available. I do know that if you can find some of these motors that no longer work (common problem) they can be rebuilt by a commercial motor re-winder. I understand that because they were located in the moisture of the float compartment, they often failed electrically. That is one of the reasons they went to hydraulic actuators.

Check your private messages for the e-mail address of Jay Frey, who will know the details.

Walter

SPA MEMBER
    Hi Dave,

The last year these motors were manufacture was in the mid 1950's and they were made by the Lundy Motor Co. located in Glen Head, NY. The company is no longer located in NY and have moved to Florida. If you only need brushes and springs they can be located at DC motor manufactured. Most of the motors have been replaced with a Wipline conversation and if you search the used market you should be able to located an old motor. If the brakes, drums and gear assemblies are in good condition, you should be able to located a good motor rewinder who can repair the unit. If you have any questions just post it on the forum and I will see if I can help.

J. J. Frey retired VP of EDO float operation.
    Last edited by J. J.; 08-26-2011 at 09:59 PM.

SPA MEMBER
    Thanks for the info JJ, I remove the motors every 2 years and go thru them. The plane's home base is in the water in the north east for the summer. I have learned to remove the inspection cover for the compartment that has the elect motor to extend the time between overhauls. ( venting moisture ) I fear some day I'll have a gear or actuator failure that will ground me. So any leeds on parts would be helpful. Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a set of Edo 2700's that I have been parting out. I have both of the electric motors (in need of new brushes), cable boxes and other miscellaneous parts. If you are interested in acquiring these motors or any other components that I may have, please call me at (218) 525-6086.
    Thanks,
    Dave S.

SPA MEMBER
    Hi Dave,
    Not sure if the number you provided in your email is correct. I have called a few times with no answer. I am interested in one motor and one cable box. Please call me with the pricing information at this number: 518-470-0881 or reply to this email: lecksauto@aol.com.
    Thanks very much,
    David L.

I own a set of 2700 amphibious floats with the electric actuator gear motors. Iv been trying to find another motor or parts. If anyone has any info on parts or the STC hydraulic conversion it would be greatly appreciated. My email is jamiehuey1859@gmail.com or 573-257-0727.

Thanks,
    Jamie